ব্রিটিশ হাই কমিশন
Organization Name : British High Commission
Designation : Senior Press Officer and Bengali Spokesperson
Academic Qualification : Check below the circular
Salary : Check below the circular
Application Last Date: March 31, 2018
Job Description / Responsibility
- Lead on media handling, maintaining contact with key stakeholders in the national and British-Bangla media networks, as well as colleagues in the region and in London.
- Provide analysis of media trends, spot developing stories and interpret these against an understanding of the UK’s work in Bangladesh. Portray a strong understanding of media ownership, press freedoms, attitudes of press contacts and bloggers and social media trends.
- Produce press lines, press releases, contribute to social media content and devise tactical media plans. Lead on media plans for visits and events, including briefing visitors and the media.
- Management of the Press & Communication officer (who is responsible for media summaries, social media, event management and photography) and management during absence of colleagues.
- A degree from a reputed institution in any discipline, though political sciences, communications, journalism, international relations, development studies, or English may be particularly relevant.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Experience of working with media stakeholders at a high level, and over a sustained period (minimum 5 years), is essential.
- A good understanding of Bangladesh’s development, economic and political situation.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English and Bengali.
- Ability to grasp corporate and strategic aims.
- Ability to think and communicate creatively, in writing, orally and visually.
- Ability to produce high quality written work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to use MS Word, PowerPoint and social media sites.
- Tk. 120292
- For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting